Friday, 21 November 2014

Which one is for me? - A good Camera buy @ Camera Pick - technical Intro

@ Camera Pick - technical Intro


Which one is for me? - A good Camera buy

Courtesy - Canon DSLR 


I walk into the nearest camera store and I look around. I have no clue on what camera to buy, which is good, specifications and which is going to come a long way with me. A lot of eye catchy things. Some of the words/views may seem something like this -

 

And some make me do this in my mind!!



Though I have these confusions I am sure about one thing. And then comes these pictures in my mind.





These are probably some of the decent reasons to buy a camera. But there are other reasons why one would consider too. Which may give you the following picture. 


What ever may be the reason, I need to justify the buy and it should be good. Every reason can be addressed. After all even the companies manufacture with certain target population in mind about each model.  

Some questions I would ask myself - 
  1. Whats my primary goal? 
  2. Why do I need a camera? 
  3. Can I afford to think about it? 
  4. Am I capable of deciding or do I need help? 
  5. Or chuck all questions, just wanna buy. No reasons. That also serves the purpose. 
Homework for those who want to consider a good buy -  
  1. Spend some time with the photographer you know
  2. Get to use the camera first hand
  3. Get familiar with the terminologies
  4. Know about different companies and accessories they provide
  5. Know the difference in terminologies between the companies
  6. Know donts before dos 
  7. Know if you are gadget friendly or if you are quick learner
  8. or I would go to a camera shop and converse with the sales person (possibly a multi company dealership holder) 
Some questions I would ask my friends who use a camera - 
  1. Available models 
  2. Suggested reasonable models in low range, mid range and high range budget.  
  3. Deciding features (weighing)  
  4. equivalent models from each companies
  5. or I would just close my eyes and buy what a good photographer says 

With this introduction to a good buy I would like to post key (details) features of the photography gadgets and suggested buys from my review for various purposes from digital compact to DSLR models from the leading companies. 

Few of the topics @ Camera Pick - technical - 
FAQs, Features, Models, Generation, Necessities Vs Luxury, Professional Vs Basic   



"Buy what you want, but not what they sell"


Prasanna Hegde
Gadget: Nikon D90






No comments:

Post a Comment