...continued from "A nightmare of every photographer - Part III"
Date: 25-12-2012
Chitkul located @ 3450 mtrs above sea level.

I clicked some pictures from outside the temple and headed towards the valley. On the way I clicked some of the pictures of local houses which I found interesting.
I walked down the valley approaching the river and it was getting colder and colder. I had seen the bridge which was said to be one of the connection to the base camp for supply and communication. Took some selfies and document shots too. I wanted to go further deep into the mountains towards the border but I thought I am not geared up for that kind of adventure. So I had to leave back to the village to take my leave from there.
There was a problem. There was no transport available till late in the afternoon and it was still 10am. I didnt know what to do. It was around 25 Km descend to Reckong Peo. Walking was the only option available for me. I gathered my courage to walk such long distance and wanted to take one last epic dp. Got ready with all jacket and kept the camera to self timer mode and .....click.....
![]() |
| Journey Back |
I will post further experience of descending down to 2500 meters (RP) in my next and possibly final post on the series "A nightmare of every photographer!!" (A nightmare of every photographer - Part IV)
Prasanna Hegde












No comments:
Post a Comment